Posted by: Chantelle | 2008/09/03

Vegetarian want to loose weight

Morning Dr!

I' ve been a vegetarian for about 1 year now, in an effort to control my weight and increase my health. I do take solgar vitamins as a supplement. BUT I' ve slowly gain weight (all the cake and white bread I assume). I' m struggeling to find diets for vegetarians on the internet. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Dear Chantelle
I don't have a specific slimming diet for vegetarians on this Website, but if you are a lacto-ovo-vegetarian you can click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet you can use this as a guideline for weightloss. Just substitute legumes or tofu or Toppers for the meat and fish in the diet. The idea is to cut down in fat because each gram of fat provides you with 37 kJ. Also increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day.

Posted by: Chantelle | 2008/09/15

Hi Doc,
Thank you for your response, I' ll give it a go! Chantelle!

Reply to Chantelle