Question
Posted by: Vegie | 2004/11/11

VEGETARIAN DIET DILEMA

I would like to lose about 5kgs but am finding it diffuclt to adjust my diet. I am a vegetarian but do eat fish. Just not red meat, chicken and eggs. Can you suggest a eating plan that could help me shed these few kgs? (which are strategically placed on my tummy and thighs!!! Just perfect for Summer..) I go to gym about 3 times a week for about 45 mins to an hour.
Many Thanks

Dear Vegie
Basically you need to cut out fat in your diet to lose weight all round. I do not yet have a Vegetarian slimming diet on the site, but you can click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet. Just substitute the foods you would normally eat instead of meat in the diet (e.g. legumes, tofu, soya, fish, etc). Also ask your gym instructor to work out an exercise routine that targets the problem areas.