Question
Posted by: Muz | 2008/01/13

Vegetarian - avo lacto

I am a vegetarian, but do eat fish and chicken, occasionally. I came across an airline special needs menu. What is the difference between a vegetarian and vegetarian - avo lacto?

Dear Muz
Vegetarian diets can be divided into various categories: 1) Lacto-ovo-vegetarian where the individual eats all foods derived from plants plus all dairy products (milk, cheese, yoghurt) and eggs - hence the 'lacto-ovo' part of the name. 2) Strict vegetarians or vegans only eat plant foods and avoid ALL foods derived from animals. If you still use eggs and milk and dairy products, then you would select the ovo-lacto-vegetarian menu on the airline.

1
Posted by: xfiles | 2008/09/01

I am diabetic type 2 and having high blood pressure and cardio vascular diseases-pls assists want to stay healthy advice

Reply to xfiles