Question
Posted by: sonnetjie | 2005/07/06

VBAC after 2 C/S's

Normal child birth has always been a dream of mine. We live in a small town and as a result of the increased risk of the baby being born with complications after having almost cronic urinary tract infection we decided to have a c-section in one of the bigger cities, who have better emergency facilities.

Now we are thinking of baby nr 3. And I am wondering if a VBAC would be an option. My gynie said it is a bit risky to do a VBAC after 2 C-sections. What is your opinion? I have had no complication with the C-sections.

There is a risk of rupture of the uterus after even one caesarean. While ther is not a lot of information on VBAC after two caesareans, the risks are at least 0.5 - 1%. I would not recommend it.

3
Posted by: Moi | 2005/07/06

3 years is a while already. You could be able to have natural birth. I think they''ll only be able to tell you for sure once you are pregnant.

Reply to Moi
Posted by: Sonnetjie | 2005/07/06

I can just add that my last c-section was 3 years ago.

Reply to Sonnetjie
Posted by: lerita | 2005/07/06

Your gynae is probable right. After every c-section it is more difficult to have a vbac. Sonnetjie, elke keer wat die dr op die letsel sny verswak die weefsel om die letsel. dus as jy te gou 'n vbac na c-section doen kan jy die letsel oopskeur en dan inwendige bloeding op doen wat dalk fataal kan wees.

Reply to lerita