Question
Posted by: Annie | 2008/02/04

VBAC

I had an emergency CS 12 months ago and we are currently trying for our second baby.
I had to have a CS as my labour was not progressing and my baby started showing signs of distress. I dilated only two centimeters in twelve hours with the help of gel induction as well as a the drip which I think is pitocin to enduce (contractions became very intense very quickly). I do not know why I was not dilating but my gynae said the baby was not in the pelvic cavity by this I think he meant the baby did not engage during the labour and therefore there was no pressure for dilation to take place.
Before having my baby, my gynae was happy for me to go the natural route (I am small built but he did not think it was impossible). At first he was very pro caesar though due to my size.
I desperately want to go the natural route again and I am praying labour will progress this time round.
Is it common for the uterus to tear during labour? Do you think I am being silly for wanting to try the natural route again?

If you have a small pelvis, it may be that the baby was too big for you to deliver normally. If this was the case, it is likely to occur again. The best way of deciding what to do is to look at the size of the baby on scan at 36 weeks to see how big it is. The incidence of uterine rupture after a caesarean is 0.5%.