Question
Posted by: Mark | 2003/02/18

Vasectomy - Is it Reversable?

Vasectomy - Is it Reversable?
I have read the information on vasectomy and it has ansewred many of my questions. . We are not show if we are finished having children and my only question is whether if the procedure is reversable?

If not reversable is there a temporary solution to male contraception.

One should see Vasectomy as a permanent method, as it will be a very costly exercise, with no guarentees that it can be reversed.
Temporary solutions for males: Condoms, withdrawal method( not safe at all).

2
Posted by: Health24 | 2003/02/18

Dear Mark and Kc
You may be interested in our comprehensive article on vasectomy in the A-Z section of diseases. Hope you find it useful.
Kind regards
Health24

Reply to Health24
Posted by: Kc | 2003/02/18

Hi Mark

A vasectomy is reversable. It is very expensive a friend of mine went for one and he paid ten thousand for it, if you have a medical- aid check with them and see if they will cover you for the operation. He also said it's a bit painful, but then every operation is a bit sore. He said the technology they have for it these days are wonderful, years ago it would have not been possible.
All the Best

Reply to Kc