Posted by: anon | 2008/08/05

I' ve had a vasectomy end of last year, all the test show that the op was successful. But i' m still experiencing pain in my scrotum when i have an erection or while busy with intercourse. In the beggining i thought it' s just some scarring because ot the op, but it' s now almost 9 months. My GP did the op, must i go back to him or rather to a specialist? I' m asking here because i' m to imbarresed to go to him and divulge all the detail.

Dear anon
It should not be sore, so I think you should have it looked at - maybe get an appointment with an urologist or just tell your GP that you have pain in the scrotum. It may be cheaper for him to have a look first and see if you really need to see an urologist. You may have a cyst or infection there and your GP should not mind to have a look again!

Posted by: Free | 2008/08/05

I don' t think there is anything to be really embarassed about, we all have sex even your doctor does so I am saying it is always good and better to say things out when u have problems, my brother I am HIV positive and I always tell my Dr when i develop a sore or see something funny (even abt my punana), they are trained to do the job and belv me the doc will never ever judge you, and anyway he/she must treat you professionally for the service, feel free and go, nna i enjoy sharing things with my doctors, male or female it always pays off. Good luck.

Reply to Free