Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2003/01/29

VASCULITIS

I have been suffering from occurring Vasculitis in my hands for the past 5 or 6 years. I get it during the hottest summer months (December - February) and as soon as it becomes cooler it disappears until the summer. My hands itch terribly and it is driving me insane. I cannot sleep at night as the itching never stops. The insides of my hands are swollen and red and it looks as if blisters are forming under the skin. A biopsy was done a few years back and it was diagnosed as Vasculitis. I have tried everything! Cortisone tablets (Meticortin) and Cortisone creams - nothing helps! What causes it? A dermatologist once said it is something that I eat! What can I do?

Mandy, vasculitis means that you have inflammation of the blood vessels. It doesn’t say anything about the cause so I’m afraid I can’t help you there. The best would be to get a second opinion from a different dermatologist and see what he says. Good luck.