Question
Posted by: Jason | 2007/07/24

Varicoseal

I'm a 25year old male,mens helath had an article on mens problems and I have all the symptoms of a varicoseal.I know I need to go for a small op or procedure,but will I still be fertile and can i go straight to a urologist or must my Gp refer me?

Dear Jason

I would suggest that you visit a urologist directly. If the varicoele is left unattended then sperm parameters would be significantly impaired.

3
Posted by: Dee | 2007/07/25

best of luck and pls let me know what the urologist says!

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Jason | 2007/07/25

Hi Dee!

Thanx a lot for your advise,I'm seeing the urologist on the 6th of Aug.So hold thumbs that he can solve the problem and it's a full success so that I can be as fertile as a rabbit once again.

ta

Reply to Jason
Posted by: Dee | 2007/07/24

You can go straight to a urologist, although ur gp can also refer you if maybe you dont know which urologist to go to. My husband has just had the op, I wish he had been as proactive as you in looking for the symptoms, I really commend you.

Having a varicocele means that your sperms morphology or the shape of the sperm is deformed (mostly the neck of the sperm is broken so it swims in circles) and that means that your sperm cant penetrate an egg to fertilize it so one day when it comes time to start a family you will have super sperm!!

If u do indeed have a varicocele then the urologist will diagnose it and send u for an op, its a bit painful but well worth it. Your fertility should return to normal approx 3 months after the op coz it takes 3 months for sperm to regenerate.

best of luck!

Reply to Dee