Posted by: Kotie | 2011/01/09

varicose veins

Please can you help me with a sore that I have on my leg where the Varicose veins are it has been 1 year now and the pain and the treatment that my local Dr. prescribed is no longer working and I cannot find a doctor that specialists in this in Gauteng or Pretoria please help as the sore is looking bad and the pain is unbearable

Regards Kotie Hurn

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You can consult a vascular or general surgeon to treat the varicose veins. Persistant pressure "inside the leg" will cause ulcerative type sores. It is therefore, essential to treat the varicose veins, in order for the sore to heal.

You can get contact details of a general/vascular surgeon from your nearest hospital.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.