Question
Posted by: mitchell's plain | 2005/07/25

VARICOSE VEINS

I have enormous pain from a varicose vein in my right thigh. I am active and I don't sit for long periods, so I'm not sure what caused it. Is there a solution via exercise for varicose veins? Everyone suggests wearing tight stockings, but on the other hand wearing tight clothing,constipation, heat are some of the causes of varicose veins. PLease help.

Hi Mitchell's Plain,

From the viewpoint of the viewer's response to your question, it would be safe to see a specialist to have the varicose vein confirmed. Many times, varicose veins are inherited. They only become painful when they become inflammed from some sort of damage. I would suggest that you see a specialist because it is highly unusual, if it was a vein, to be this painful.

Good Luck.

2
Posted by: Ek | 2005/07/29

Spatare is 'n probleem in my familie. Wat se oefening kan ek doen om te voorkom dat ek eendag die probleem ontwikkel, en welke oefeninge moet ek liefs vermy?

Reply to Ek
Posted by: Mitchell's Plain | 2005/07/26

What I thought was varicose veins was in fact the illeotibial band, which runs from the hip to knee on the side, which was extremely painful. Luckily I went to the physiotherapist and she recognised at once the cause of all the pain. The reason I immediately thought it was varicose veins was because my mother has varicose veins.

Reply to Mitchell's Plain