Question
Posted by: Cloe | 2004/10/25

Varicose Veins

I would like to know what Varicose Veins look like. I have this vein sticking out at the back of my knee and it gets terribly sore when I stand for long periods of time. I am still young and the thought of my legs becomming covered with these veins freaks me out. What can I do to prevent/cure them. Could it be that I inherited it from my mother because she has many of them. PLEASE HELP!!!

Cloe, varicose veins are blue swollen veins. The way to prevent them is not to stand for long periods and to do “toe standing” exercises when you do have to stand for long periods. Another option would be to wear varicose vein stockings. Good luck.