Posted by: Darren | 2012/11/12

Variant Angina

Hi there. After experiencing a number of cardiac symptoms, and performing externsive online research, i fear that I may be experiencing a Variant Angina. Obviously, me not being a doctor, the next step is to get checked out... What tests would a doctor do on me to determine this? (I''m asking mostly so that I can anticipate costs). Also, would it be better to go to a GP, or directly to a cardiologist?

Essentially I''m looking for the most cost-effective way to go through diagnosis &  treatment (if applicable)

Thanks in advance

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCardiologist

Dear Darren

You don’t mention how old you are, or what symptoms you have been having. I would be very wary of self diagnosis! However, having raised the possibility of variant angina, I think you should go directly to a cardiologist, who can listen carefully to your symptoms. He or she will probably want to do an exercise test, and depending on your age and family history, and other risk factors, that may be all that is necessary. Bear in mind that in most people the history alone should be enough to make a reasonably confident diagnosis.

I hope things turn out well for you.

Kind regards, JT

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.