Posted by: Annelize | 2011/11/13

Vague pain in upper abdomen (location is centre-right)

Morning Doc,
For a few months now I have been aware of a pain in my upper abdomen (centre right position). Sometimes it is in my RIB BONE (lowest rib on right side) but most of the time it is in the FLESH beneath or immediately below my right rib cage (centre right of my abdomen).
It is just too mild and too vague to go to the quack with.
What could be causing it? An ulcer, a liver problem, a transverse colon problem, cancer?
It is NOT influenced in any way by what I eat and when I eat.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


If you are experiencing abdominal discomfort for such a long time, you should consult a gastroenterologist because as you have mentioned, there are many possibilities that have to be investigated. You are correct with your short differential diagnosis and it will be worth while to have this investigated.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.