Question
Posted by: AS | 2004/01/26

Vaginismus

Its me again. Thanks for your response dated the 31 Oct 03. I have only now been back to your site and will certainly try what you have recommended. Being so far from any form of civilisation, is there any chance we can communicate about this devastating problem more regularly and less publicly?

Your help is much appreciated.
AS

You can contact SA Sexual Health Assoc 0860 100 262 for a telephonic counsellor. This is a public forum, and answers will be public.

You can write to a counsellor at the DISA clinic disa@icon.co.za for more information, but DISA Clinic does not do on-line counselling.

Dr Elna McIntosh

2
Posted by: Cj | 2004/01/27

Well people, one is never too old to learn something new. I was wondering what was the meaning of this problem, now I know. Hope all goes well with the two of you, and stay strong.

Reply to Cj
Posted by: sarah | 2004/01/26

Hi there,funny enough i was just about to write to the doc bout the very same problem...

i always thought i was alone and then i saw carte blanche (they had a prog on it) and realised that i obviously was'nt...see i can't even say its name I'm so embaressed!

I'm 19 and a virgin, not like theres has'nt been opportunity. the thing is that I'm petrified of sex...the pain, the feeling etc...it overwhelms me to point where I don't ever crave it, in a way i've just given up. Just say i do feel a bit horny, i'll then think of sex and be totally turned off. I've never ever been molested or anything like that...funnily enough my sister also suffered from it but got over it. Sometimes I think i'm a-sexual. What can I do or who should I speak to??

Sarah x

Reply to sarah