Question
Posted by: Jim | 2004/02/24

Vaginal/bladder pains

my friend, she is 20 years old, has been having sharp pains in her vagina and bladder for about 3 years. It comes and goes, is worse during period. She has seen a doctor many times but they can't find anything. They have searched for STD's. One said it may be linked to anxiety, she does have a little depresion.
Please help.

I cannot really make a diagnosis without examining your friend. The possibilities are a bladder infection, gynaecological problem, bowel problems, including irritable bowel. Depression can also manifest as pain in a particular area. Her doctors will have to assess the cause.

1
Posted by: PFP | 2004/02/25

I used to get extremely sharp shooting pains - especially when I used to sit. It got so bad I eventually couldn't work sitting down I had to stand. At home I used to sit on my side or lie down. My doctor diagonosed IBS. Something that (among other things) is related to stress. At first I didnt believe it could be this, but, with a change in eating habits and some exercise - I really have this under control now and I haven't had serious pain for months now. Some discomfort now and then but really nothing close to how it was before. Just a thought. Let's see what gynaedoc says.

Reply to PFP