Question
Posted by: lillyputs | 2005/07/28

vaginal warts maybe, i have no idea?

initially i had what seemed to be a tiny tear at the bottom of my vagina and it really stung whenever i had sex, i assumed it was from rough sex, i abstained, but to no avail, and now i have noticed tiny very tiny slightly white in colour, sort of like wart things in that area and on the inside of my anus, they are kind of raised almost like those kind of "third nipples" people get near their eyes or next to moles or on necks. It is rough to the touch. They do not resemble however pictures i have seen of genital warts and it is not herpes i have been tested. what could it be? Im extremly worried. Your advice would be greatly appreciated, because my gyni is booked up at the moment.

It is hard to say without seeing it. It could be warts or piles. You will have to wait and see what your doctor says.

1
Posted by: Got warts 2 | 2005/07/29

Hi there,

I experienced exactly the same thing, and left it unattended for some time. However, when I discovered I was pregnant (Im almost 7 months), the warts started growing and spreading rapidly due to the increased level of hormones. I was referred to a dermatologist by my GP and had them cauterized (burnt off)... which is the only course of treatment for pregnant women. I, now, have to regularly go to the dermatologist to have the area "frozen" to prevent them from spreading again, till the birth of my baby. Thereafter, I can be treated as a non-pregnant person, which is an injection and some ointment that poisons the warts, to prevent them from recurring.

I have had a pap-smear done, which has come back clear, apparently if its HPV, they will find viral cells on the cervix... mine however came back clear. So I am still not sure whats causing these warts.

My suggestion is to be tested for HPV (genital warts STD) and then get urself to a dermatologist ASAP before they grow and spread!

My dermatologist is in the Sandton area, if ur interested.

Hope this helps

Reply to Got warts 2