Question
Posted by: Sugarbee | 2007/02/12

Vaginal Thrush since giving birth

PLease could someone help

Since giving birth to my son who is now 3 months old I have been suffering from Vaginal thrush that i cant seem to get rid of.

I have used a over the counter drugs that one can while breast feeding but non seem to be helping it.
It goes away for a day or two after the creams then comes back again.
What can I do to get rid of it?

Please help

Sugarbee

Have a look at the Top 5 questions.

2
Posted by: Kirst | 2007/02/12

Probiotics girl!!!!!

The good bacteria competes for the same resources as what the bad bacteria (E.Coli) competes for in order to survive. E.Coli is giving you the thrush, so when you introduce more good bacteria than bad bacteria to compete for limited resources the result is the death of the bad bacteria and therefore the clearing of the thrush. Probiotics is what's in the yoghurt Kay is talking about but you can buy ProBFlora capsules at most pharmacies and they work like a bomb!

Get yourself cranberry tablets as well just to restore the ph in the bladder to be more suitable for the good bacteria and rid yourself of the bad bacteria.

Reply to Kirst
Posted by: Kay | 2007/02/12

I used to suffer with vaginal thrush constantly and tried every drug out there. Then someone suggested eating PLAIN YOGHURT and i promise you it is the only thing that has worked for me. It must be plain though with NO sugar in it. You can buy it at all supermarkets and it will either be called Plain or Bulgarian. I ate about 3 small tubs a day and it cleared up completely after about 3 days. I know it doesnt taste great but just keep at it and you will get used to it. I now only get it once in a blue moon and a few tubs of yoghurt clear it up.

I hope this helps

Reply to Kay