Posted by: Concerned boyfriend | 2004/11/08

Vaginal substance??

Hello Doc

Only recently, after having been sleeping with my long term girlfriend, I've noticed an almost wax like substance around her vagina. It's formed like grains of sand and slightly bigger "grains". It then gets transferred to me during intercourse.

Please help, I have no idea what it is, and am at this stage too embarrased to ask her...

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

If it is clear and not smelly, it may be the normal arousal response.
It could also be thrush - this is white and looks like cottage cheese.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/11/08

Unfortunately you HAVE to ask her. It could be dangerous to you both if you don't

Reply to Jenna
Posted by: ME | 2004/11/08

It could be dried up lubrication. Does she wash properly after sex?

Reply to ME

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.