Question
Posted by: EK | 2007/04/22

Vaginal Prolapse

To Whom it May Concern,
Last January (2006), I delivered a 4.4 kg baby. I've been breast feeding ever since, but a few days ago I got what I believed to be my 1st menstruation. I've had vaginal prolapse, but since I began using tampons, it seems to have aggrevated the condition. I know feel something protruding slightly from my vagina, and the tampons are sliding out. I'm not pregnant, am I?

It's nearly impossible to get into a gynocologist here in Mossel Bay. What should I do? Thanks in advance for your help!
Liz

Prolapse is not a sign of pregnancy. If you are not using contraception then pregnancy is a possibility though, if you had a period, this is unlikely.

2
Posted by: WAN | 2007/04/23

It is as a result of a large baby, I had the same problem. It can be repaired but then I would suggest future babies by caeserian. I have had mine done and all is fine no problems

Reply to WAN
Posted by: Liz | 2007/04/23

But is vaginal prolapse something to be concerned about? If it worsens, do I need to see a doctor, or should I just deal with it? Can it affect future conception and/or pregnancy if it's not addressed?

Thanks,
LK

Reply to Liz