Question
Posted by: Blue | 2005/12/05

vaginal problems

my problems seem very embarassing to me. Firstly, i have huge vaginal lips that itch badly during the last day of my period.they are purplsh in colour, i feel embarassed even lookin at them. my vagina itchs as well during my period. Secondly, i have noticed a whitish deposit in my vagina that looks like wet powder. i do have the normal discharge, but this deposit is whitish creamish and i can remove it with my finger nails. i cant even talk to anyone about it, havent even seen pics of vaginas to assure myself that "i am normal". please please help

Vaginas come in all shapes and sizes. you are quite normal. The discharge sounds like thrush. Try Canesten pessaries.

2

Hi Blue
It sounds to me like you have thrush. I suggest you to go to a Gynae and get this treated, as if you just leave it it just gets worse and worse. And you can infect your sexual partner and then he can re-infect you back, so you both have to take mediaction to get rid of the thrush. I know you may think Gynae's are expensive but it is vital that you see one (especially if you are sexuallly active!!!) at least once a year to do a pap smear to test if you have cervical cancer etc... Otherwise, all vaginal lips are diffrent sizes and different shades in colour. Your Gynae will also be able to tell you if yours are funny! Don't stress! but check out the thrush!!!!

Posted by: Princess | 2005/12/05

yes please, i have a few of her problems as well, seem very serious to me. please advice

Reply to Princess