Question
Posted by: munchkin | 2005/01/06

vaginal odour

Hi, I have recently had a fishy smelling vaginal odour and I'm not sure what the cause is. I went on the pill (yasmin) six months ago and had my first sexual intercourse 4 months ago, and have been sexually active ever since. I have also recently been experiencing dryness of the vagina so I took one dose of canestan VC. Why have a got such a fishy odour? What do you suggest?
Thank you.

You could have an infection other than thrush, in which case the Canesten would not help. I would suggest that you see your doctor. The Pill can decrease vaginal lubrication in some women.