Question
Posted by: faz | 2006/10/31

Vaginal Lump

hi!
please can you assist. i have a lump about 3cm below the clitoris on the side wall of my vigina. its a bit swollen and sensative to the touch. when feeling it is its round and feels like a gland. there is no smell or discharge and about a month ago i was on an anit- biotic for a bladder infection. the lump occured just after intercourse with my husband. could this be of concern, if so can i just go to my regular GP for advise or is it a need for concern and a check up?

It could be a blocked gland. See your GP and he/she can refer you if necessary.

2
Posted by: faz | 2006/11/01

so should i not consult by GP rather as Gynaes are normally fully booked till next year and this sounds rather urgent?

Reply to faz
Posted by: Lou | 2006/10/31

You should go to your gynae to have it checked - it could be an abcess (an abcess in this area is called a Bartolin something or other) - If it is you will need antibiotics or to have it removed - they can grow large and exceptionally painful!

Reply to Lou