Posted by: faz | 2006/10/31

Vaginal Lump

please can you assist. i have a lump about 3cm below the clitoris on the side wall of my vigina. its a bit swollen and sensative to the touch. when feeling it is its round and feels like a gland. there is no smell or discharge and about a month ago i was on an anit- biotic for a bladder infection. the lump occured just after intercourse with my husband. could this be of concern, if so can i just go to my regular GP for advise or is it a need for concern and a check up?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

It could be a blocked gland. See your GP and he/she can refer you if necessary.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: faz | 2006/11/01

so should i not consult by GP rather as Gynaes are normally fully booked till next year and this sounds rather urgent?

Reply to faz
Posted by: Lou | 2006/10/31

You should go to your gynae to have it checked - it could be an abcess (an abcess in this area is called a Bartolin something or other) - If it is you will need antibiotics or to have it removed - they can grow large and exceptionally painful!

Reply to Lou

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.