Question
Posted by: Karina | 2008/06/04

vaginal itch in 10 year old girl

Dear madam
Please can you help me?
My 10 year old daughter has been suffering from an itchy crotch for a year.
I've had tests done and tried several prescribed creams but nothing helped and nothing was found.
There is no discharge and no visible symptoms apart from redness due, I think, to scratching. At times it almost goes away, other times it is acute.
The itch is on the insides of the outer lips, not inside the actual vagina.
We are South African but live in tropical India and visit Bali once a year so it may be some sort of a tropical fungus.
However, none of the anti fungal creams worked.
Could it be an allergy??
She is a sweet, beautiful and extremely well-behaved child.
I cannot bear to see her with this awful condition!
Thank you.
Yours sincerely
Karin

The commonest condition would be thrush, but this does not appear to be the case. I'm afraid I can't help. She would have to have swabs done.

1
Posted by: granny | 2009/03/27

my 5 year old has a light yellowish vaginal dicharge is there need for alarm?She has no other signs or complaints

Reply to granny