Question
Posted by: noozi | 2004/12/02

VAGINAL ITCH EVERY MONTH!

I get this vaginal itching every couple of weeks, tried douching with diluted salt water, diluted vinegar or just plain warm water, tried meds, antibiotics, eating yoghurt but it keeps coming back

Have you tried Canesten pessaries or Diflucan tablets?

2
Posted by: FH | 2004/12/02

It could be thrush. Is there a cottage cheese-like discharge together with the itching ?

My wife suffers with thrush quite often, and we were told to never ever use any douches because they upset the balance of bacteria (good and bad) that are normally present in your vagina. Changing the balance is what causes thrush.

I would recommend something like Canestan, Gynospor, Gyno Daktarin or something similar that you can get OTC from any pharmacy. These are all creams that you would apply using an applicator that is provided. Your husband should also be treated at the same time because he could also get infected from you, and if you are clear he could be passing it to you. (from personal experience)

But, if you are unsure, please consult your gynae.

Reply to FH
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/12/02

Do you wash with lots of soap and use bubble bath etc?

If so, stop those and try washing with water only, or a very mild soap that you wash off quickly. You could just be very sensitive and prone to irritation...

Reply to Nuffing