Posted by: Sam | 2010/04/07

Vaginal infection

Dear Doc. My gynae said i have a vaginal infection - something starting with a ''c then pneumonia''. He said no oral antibiotics will cure this- i would need an intra-muscular med. Which med would you suggest? or would you suggest something different for me to try? Many thanks!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


This is a very unusual bacteria to found in a vaginal infection. Klebsiella usually causes gastro-intestinal infections, as well as chest infections. It naturally occurs in our bodies and are usually opportunistic infections in people with a lowered immunity. The drug of choice is a third generation cephalosporin.

Are you sure it is Klebsiella and not Chlamidia? Did your gynae do a full STD screen?


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.