Question
Posted by: Jan | 2004/02/03

Vaginal Discharge

More than a year ago, I had a "C section" and all went well, accept I noticed after about 5 months that I had this whiteish discharge with a slight odour, I didn't think much of it at the time because I thought that my body has just gone through many changes and needs to adjust to the way it was.

Nevertheless, up until now this discharge continues and the odour (I know this might sound absolutely weird/funny/stupid ) smells almost like cream cheese and is a bit foul . Is this normal?

I never use to have any odours before my pregnancy, even though I always had a discharge. I'm very concerned about this because I am very concious of myself when I wake up from sitting or just general around people. Please advise.... Iv'e heard some stories of tampons being stuck but it was said that this will cause cramping too and I have no cramping, just a whitish discharge with a slight foul odour.

This may be thrush. You can try treating it with Canesten pessaries, If there is no response you should see a doctor to confirm the diagnosis.