Question
Posted by: Beth | 2006/11/14

vaginal Blisters

I been told by the Gynae doc that it sounds like i have genital Herpes. Is there somehing i can take without going to the doctor or do i have to go to the doc for a prescription. Or maybe you can confirm if it sounds like herpes. I have these blisters on the lips of my vagina they are not sore or itchy. there just there. I haven't been with anyone sexually in a long time so i am not sure if it can be herpes. Please can you help.

Dear Beth
Rather go to your doctor - if it is herpes you may need to take an antiviral to prevent further outbreaks - it can be dormant for years before you can have an outbreak so rather be safe than sorry.