Question
Posted by: Miekie | 2004/10/14

Vaginal birth and back problems

I had a back operation about 15 years ago due to scoliosis. I still have the pin in my back. I am 38 weeks pregnant, and the gynae thinks it will be possible to give birth vaginally. I dont want to cause any harm to my back or to the baby.

Is it possible for a vaginal birth? Only my lumbosacral joint in my back can is mobile.

It should be possible. I think you should also discuss with your orthopaedic surgeon as well

1
Posted by: Francis | 2004/10/14

If you doctor are happy i don't think there would be a problem, but i think if i was I would rather do a c-section to be on the safe side.

good luck with your decision

Reply to Francis