Question
Posted by: CD | 2007/05/18

Vaginal birth after caesarian

Hi - my daughter is 11 months old and I recently found out that I am pregnant again. This pregnancy was not planned as I was told by a fertility specialist that I would never be able to fall pregnant naturally. I gave birth by c-section after 18 hours of labour and failed to dilate. My question is: what are the chances of me being able to have a vaginal birth so soon after a c-section? Is it possible and are there any risks I should be aware of?

Thank you,
Candice

The time period is not important. Whether you will be able to give vaginal birth depends on what happens during the pregnancy,as well as the size of the baby and the size of your pelvis.

1
Posted by: nix | 2007/05/18

i might be wrong, but i think you have to wait 3 - 5 years before you can attempt natural birth. good luck and enjoy the bobo.

Reply to nix