Posted by: Me | 2006/07/27


What if your partner will not go to couples therapy?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

If you are female, and you have vaginismus, a good gynae with psych experience or with a psych colleague, can help you a gtreat deal, and then your partner might become more interested in assisting in the progress. If you are male, and it's your partner who has vaginismus, it's more difficult, as obviously her participation in treatment is crucial. A good shrink might be able to suggest a number of ways in which you could help her to start to feel more comfortable with the idea of getting help, and to begin improvement, but the main aim would need to be to encourage her not to feel ashamed or shy about a relatively common problem which is completely curable, and to seek the help she needs and deserves

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anon | 2006/07/27

I think if you are suffering from vaginismus then your partner may not really be essential at the sessions. Unless, of course, your partner is the female and is suffering from this unfortunate condition...

Reply to Anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.