Question
Posted by: Koos | 2004/12/21

Vacination

Hi all

Please can you tell me what (if any) adverse effects there will be if you do not take your dog or cat for it's vacinations.?

And, what are the most important ones they should be getting.

Yes, there will be a serious adverse effect if they are not vaccinated - they will die of disease. Vaccinations have been created for a very good reason, it prevents life-threatening disease. Any caring owner will have their dogs vaccinated. The vet will determine which vaccines to give, but most vaccines contain the same basic viruses, but in different combinations, to be given a different times. Your vet will be familiar with what is necessary.

Please be responsible owner and take your dog for vaccinations.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

1
Posted by: Chill | 2004/12/22

Well, if you don't get your pets vaccinated, it's really not serious unless they happen to get distemper, parvo virus, rabies or a few other things. If they do, then mostly they die. To me, that's a pretty good reason to get them vaccinated... but you may not see it that way.

Dogs and cats get different diseases - talk to your vet about which vaccinations they must get.

Reply to Chill