Posted by: Shirl | 2008/10/06


My son is leaving for the DRC soon and I want to know where he can go for the yellow fever injection he is working in the Free State at the moment, is there a hospital or clinic that he can go to in the Free State.

Also what mprocautions must be taken for the haemorrhagic fever
is it prevailent in the Congo or DRC.

An early reply will be appreciated.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Shirl
He can go to a netcare travel clinic for the injection, Universitas should also have a clinic that can give yellowfever injections. There isn't a vaccine for haemorrhagic fever, but it is usually only transmitted if a person has direct contact with a sick person.. Let him discuss with the travel clinic as they get regular updates about which areas are dangerous to visit.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.