Question
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/01

Vacation time

Due to retrenchments and me now working for myself (Contract) - for the first time in 5 years I can go on holiday (Sedgefield). What was supposed to be a joyful outing now has turned to sadness. At the moment it will be just the boys and me. You know the story, but I had to put my foot down (not pouting - only Frusty can do that) This will be sad being over Christmas and all.

What will we ( I ) do? Reading? Walking. Take a ride on Tootsie (The train for you dirty minded rascals)

The kids will be there but I will be alone …..!

Actually, according to the Constitution ( I just checked again ) pouting is allowed to all SA's, so long as there is an "R" in the month. Or on alternate Wednesdays. Surely you and the boys can enjoy this time together ? Surely you're not really alone with the boys there ?

9
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/01

Alas, I don't have my own. But I'm not unhappy with the ones I bought, they look natural because they're ever so slight and subtle.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

So cool! And the great things is, Buzz, that as women, we have our own "floaties"!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/01

We were at Saint Geran when I was 19, played the card game "donkey". The bet was that the first donkey had to skinny dip, while everyone was watching. Well, I did it and still love it (without the audience though).

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

Hey Buzz, you also a skinny dipping fan? Cool! My husband threw a tantrum when I did it and literally stomped off in a huff! My older son took a photo, he was so amused. Can't see anything really, so if anyone else reads this, don't get any ideas!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/01

Frusty, I'm sure Jakes will be thinking of you on holiday, when he goes skinny-dipping. I don't think I'll be able to do it again, without seeing a pout in my minds-eye. You make me chuckle.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

Hi Jakes! If you like boating you could also hire a boat on the Knysna Lagoon. You don't have to fish, just cruise around if you want to. And if you are feeling a bit daring, skinny dip! I promise I won't pout or stomp!!!!!!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Jemma | 2005/12/01

Jakes you might be alone but you will have peace in your heart and if you don't have peace in your heart this will be a good time to make peace with yourself while on holiday and away from the wife.

ps: You will have the children and it will also be a good time to bond.

Reply to Jemma
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/01

You are going to have a ball Jakes! There is so much to do in that area. Make sure you go to Featherbed (on one of the Heads at Knysna), they take you up one of the heads in a Unimog, then you walk down the steep head towards the coastline (2 km). Thereafter you have a scrumptious lunch in a beautiful setting.

Go for boat rides, you can even hire your own. The tjoo-choo is also fun. Brenton-on-Sea is a beautiful beach, great for swimming. You can go para-gliding at Brenton-on-Sea, they also have a lovely restaurant, where you sit on the deck close to the beach, sipping -|- tails and appreciating all the beautiful vaalies. Knysna forest (we never saw the elephants!), Noetzie is stunning, go to Storms River, Tsitsikama Forest, Otter trail - ooh, I can go on and on.

Yes it's sad to go away without your partner. But see it as an opportunity to find clarity in your life. Make a decision every day, that you will do something for YOU, that will make you happy. Leave the pain at home, you've had more than your fair share.

And have a super holiday!

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/01

Yes, it will take some time to get used to it. But try and think of it like this!
1. You call the shots about what you are going to do!
2. You decide on what you going to eat - junk or healthy!
3. You decide on on each days activities!
4. You can connect with your boys now on a different level.
5. You lucky you going away!
6. You lucky you got the boys to go away with and they still want to! There comes a time when they do their own thing!
7. You lucky that maybe now you can concentrate on nuturing your self!

Does it make sense?

Reply to Tango