Question
Posted by: Elbie | 2008/08/07

Utrogestan Usage

I`ve been to the gynae yesterday did and internal sinar and yes as previously confirmed I am pregnant!+/- 5 week and a few days he says everything looks ak no bleeding etc!Then he prescribed Utrogestan 2 tablets at night?Why?

Please help!

I don't know. You will have to ask him.

2
Posted by: Jess | 2008/08/08

I was also put on Utrogestan. This was after my threatened miscarriage though. The doc told me that it prevents bleeding because it helps build up the lining of the uterus.

It won' t do you any harm to take it while you are pregnant. I' m sure it' s more a precaution than anything else.

Reply to Jess
Posted by: Jooles | 2008/08/08

Utrogestan thickens the uterine linning and is just a precaution. The minute I fall preggies again, my gynae told me to phone him as he wants to put meon Utrogestan. Good luck with your pregnancy.

Reply to Jooles