Question
Posted by: Carrie | 2005/07/04

Utrogestan- orally

My progesterone count at 7 weeks was 63.9. I got a brownish discharge but my dr said not to worry but if it continues she will prescribe something. At 9 weeks it started again and she faxed me a prescribtion for utrogestan 100 mg taken orally twice a day.
I read on the internet that it must be taken orally to start a period and taken vaginally (set pill) to help maintain a healthy pregnancy.
Also she didn't say for how long I must continue drinking it.
I'm due for a scan in 3 weeks. I'll be 12 weeks then.
Will drinking utrogestan help maintain this pregnancy? I definately don't want a period now!

You usually take it till 12 weeks, but discuss with your doctor how long she wants you to continue.

2
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/07/04

Me too, but i took it at night. I am 33 Weeks this week.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Goggie | 2005/07/04

I took Utrogestan twice a day orally for 30 days to maintain my pregnancy - and is 16 weeks already !!

Reply to Goggie