Question
Posted by: cc | 2007/08/02

Utrogestan and Nausea

When I was 12 weeks pregnant my gynae said that in 2 weeks when I am 14 weeks, I can stop taking the Utrogestan. I know the Utrogestan supports the pregnancy until the placenta takes over. I am now 14 w 3 days and I am still taking the Utrogestan, as I am not sure if I must stop on 14 weeks or at the end of 14 weeks. Does Utrogestan make you nauseous if your body doesnt need it? Because this week I am nauseous again, after not being nauseous over a whole week.

Help

You can stop the Utrogestan now. If you were not nauseous on it before, it is unlikely to be causing the nausea now.

2
Posted by: Mich | 2007/08/03

I have taken it till the end of 14 weeks, and the nausea is completly normal. I am now 17 weeks, and it does subside.

Reply to Mich
Posted by: Desperate Mandy | 2007/08/03

I am using it from day 11-21 of my cycle to try and fall preganant. Today is day 25. So I actually stopped 4 days ago but I still have the nausea. Think its normal. And the very sore boobs..
Congrats with the pregnancy!! It must be wonderful!

Reply to Desperate Mandy