Question
Posted by: Need to know | 2005/07/12

Utrogestan

Please can you let me know exactly what this medication does? The doc prescribed one tablet 2 times a day after I had a previous MC, will this medication prevent another MC and will I still experience leeding on this medication should I have a MC this time around or will we only see it with our next visit?

Low progesterone levels can cause miscarriages. Uterogestan increases the progesterone level and helps prevent miscarriage in this way. You should not have nay bleeding.

12
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/19

Please help as I am driving myself bananas and I cannot be positive I am bleeding lightly since taking utrogestan! My Gynae prescribed it as I had brown discharge last Monday with a bit of blood! It's a week now, no cramps, no clots and the ER says nothing wrong! I did a scan last Tuesday and 'sparky' has grown but too soon for a heart beat. Please advise as I am driving myself crazy! I am roughly 6 weeks! The bleeding is like the last day or 2 of your period but not all the time. My Gynae visit is only in 2 weeks time

Posted by: Miss Vee | 2015/09/10

Hi I'm 8 weeks pregnant and I started spotting brownish blood. My Dr prescribed the pills to take 1, 3 times a day for seven days. I was kinda skeptical but after reading your comments I can safely say Im happy. And I'll carry on taking the pills

Reply to Miss Vee
Posted by: Jane | 2015/08/04

Hi I had a MC in April, and my Gynae prescribed utrogestan 100mg for me to use. I need some help please. My last period was 30th of June, no period in July. So now I am confused as to when do I start taking the tablets. Wich date will be the 17th day - as prescribed?? Need help please....Thanx

Reply to Jane
Posted by: bhabes | 2015/05/29

Is is safe to take 1 tablet of utrofestan before bedtime and 1 tablet again in the mddle of the night probably 3am? Pls help me. Thanks

Reply to bhabes
Posted by: Baby Laas | 2015/04/07

My gynae prescribed utrogestan for me when i was about 8 weeks pregnant due to the fact that he said i was a miscarriage high risk. I took it for several weeks (cant remember how long though). All i can say is it was super helpful and am thankful to God that we have a healthy and beautiful lil girl named Star-Light.

Reply to Baby Laas
Posted by: SK | 2005/07/12

Utrogestan is a form of Progesterone. It will be prescribed when your progesterone levels are low in order to prevent MC.

I started taking it on 5 weeks and am now 12 weeks. I definately feel that it is thanks to the Utrogestan that I am still pregnant.

I was also prescribed 1 tablet twice daily, but the side effects were awfull. After consulting with my gynae I changed it to 2 tablets at night, just before I went to sleep and all is well. I have to take it for 1 more week and then I can stop. I am now 12 weeks pregnant.

Congratulations and good luck with your pregnancy.

Reply to SK | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/19

I am bleeding lightly since taking Uttogestan! My Gynae prescribed it as I had brown discharge last Monday with a bit of blood! It's a week now, no cramps, no clots and the ER says nothing wrong! I did a scan last Tuesday and 'sparky' has grown but too soon for a heart beat. Please advise as I am driving myself crazy! I am roughly 6 weeks

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/06/19

Posted by: Sue | 2005/07/12

Hi there,

I am 13w pregnant now and also had a MC in Feb. My doctor also prescribed utrogestan for me and I had to drink only one tablet per day. On ± 8 weeks I started bleeding brownish blood (not much though) and then he only made it 2 tablets per day. I only used it for 2 days before I started bleeding. I was booked of for 1 week and was fine within a day or two. I believe utrogestan did wonders for me and would go as far as saying that it saved my baby. You would probably also only use it up to 12 weeks or so if everything is fine. Please just take care of yourself and get enough rest, don't pick up heavy stuff at all and do as little as possible.

On tip also - if you read the pamphlet you must drink the tablets at night 2 hours after dinner at least or just before you go to bed. If you have morning sickness the utrogestan can make it worse but mine is over now. My doctor also said that it is a good sign if you have morning sickness (whenever it may be - I had it at night also).

All the best with your pregnancy! Keep us updated !!!

Reply to Sue
Posted by: Blaze | 2005/07/12

Utrogestan is a form of progestrone, if your hormone levels caused the MC, then the utrogestrone would be taken to increase the levels so that your chances of a mc are minimised. I took utrogestan when I fell preggies for the first 12 weeks for the above reason

Reply to Blaze
Posted by: Savannah | 2005/07/12

My dr prescribed Uterogestan when I was threatening miscarriage (10 weeks), apparantly to prevent contractions...

Reply to Savannah
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/07/12

As far as i know the medication helps to keep the uterus soft (preventing contractions)

Thats all i know... sorry couldn't be of more help.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS