Question
Posted by: Maccie | 2004/02/27

Utrogestan

I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks last October. I have started to chart my temps in the morning, and my GP suspects that I have a low progesterone count. I was giving Cyclogest after I ovulated during my last cycle, and also fall pregnant during this cycle.

I am currently 4 weeks pregant. My gynae reluctantly said I can continue with the progesterone, but then use Utrogestan tablets. What is the dosage of the Utrogestan that I must use, and for how long in your pregnancy must you use the tablets?

Generally you take the progesterone tablets up to 12 weeks. I am also not sure why your doctor has suggested the change. I would suggest that you discuss it with him/her.

1
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/02/27

Hi Maccie
Why must you change to utrogestan and not continue with the cyclogest.
I bled at 6 weeks and was put onto cyclogest - to be used up to 12 weeks when the placenta takes over the production of progesterone.
I had a miscarriage in 2000 at 11 weeks and the last week I was also given utrogestan, but the miscarriage continued anyway.

Take care and all the best

Reply to Kippie