Question
Posted by: Didee | 2004/01/27

Utrogestan

I was pescribed Utrogestan approx 6 months ago. This was to regulate my periods which had become very irregular (gynae suspects that I am not ovulating). This tablet has not helped in the least. I am still having a period for 1 week, off for 2 weeks on for a week off for 3 weeks, etc etc. Its driving me mad.

Is it advisable to go on the Pill to regulate my periods?

I would suggest that you go back to your gynaecologist. It may be that the Pill would be a good idea, but you first need to have some tests to see why your periods are irregular.

1
Posted by: Inc | 2004/01/27

My goodness... that is interesting! I was on Utrogestan from 20 weeks of pregnancy to prevent a miscarriage! So I assume that it should stop bleeding? I know that it is supposed to be some hormone... but I dont know what functions it serves.

Reply to Inc