Question
Posted by: please advise | 2007/12/07

uti, no period, ...

Please could you advise - i have been off the pill now for 5 months and was due to get my period 2 days ago - i woke up this morning with a uti - it is painful when i wee and my back is sore. The problem is i dont know if i am pregnant or not and i am scared to get antibiotics if i am... please can you advise if a uti can delay my period - i did have what i thought was pms symptoms at the begining of the week ( period cramps) but they have dissapeared, i do still have the tender breasts and i feel slightly nauseous - is this due to the UTI or am i pregnant? will a home preg test work now??

A`UTI will not delay your period and will not cause breast tenderness, though it could cause nausea. Do a pregnancy test now. There are many antibiotics that are safe in pregnancy. Your doctor would be able to prescribe these.