Question
Posted by: jil | 2007/06/18

UTI - Back again

I refer to my previous posting on 23 May and advise that The kidney infection cleared up but seems to have reared it's ugly head again. I woke up in the early hours of the morning with the need to urinate. It is burning. I have had a temperature and back ache. Got urispas, citrosoda & phyto nova tablets from the pharmacy. Seems to be helping. Could this just be a coincidence that it has returned, again. Can holding your urine in, cylcing or wet clothes cause this?

Hi Jil
Holding your urine in can predispose to urinary tract infections. It may also be that you really need a strong antibiotic as the current medication can only be suppressing but not killing the bacteria causing this.