Posted by: Miri | 2009/01/11


Is it common to not suffer a bladder inf for a long time and then suddenly have 3 episodes in the space of 3 months? is this normal or should i see a specialist? if so what is the specialist called for this problem is it a urologist? When do i worry? i keep gettin antibiotics for the inf and then 4 wks later its back and i do finish the course and drink diluted cranberry juice and or water 2l a day, wipe from front to back, shower no bath, no deodorants etc harsh soap. Can soap cause this?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Miri

Thank you for visiting

I suggest that you doctor have a MC&S of your urine done. It is possible that the infection is reoccurring because the bacteria is resistant to the anti-biotics that are being prescribed to you. When having the analysis of your urine done, it will indicate what anti-biotic should be used to kill the infection.

Once this has been done and there is no improvement, you can make an appointment with an urologist.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.