Question
Posted by: Ann | 2004/01/06

Uterus lining thin, but increasing HCG levels

Dear Doc,

I went for IVF treatment. The egg retrieval was on the 10th December and the embryo transfer on the 13th. We went for a pregnancy test on the 26th and it was negative.After the results being negative, I stopped the Progesterone Injections.

I went for another blood test on the 30th and it was positive. My progesterone was 12 and HCG was 33. We were on holiday in Natal and I could only get the Progesterone Suppositories, which I then started taking.On the 31st I started bleeding. I went for a scna and there was still activity in my uterus with a lining of 13mm. On the 1st January I went for another Beta HCG bloodtest and the level was 40. On the 2nd January and started taking the Progesterone Injections again.

On the 3rd January the Beta HCG test was 70. On the 5th I went for another scan. My uterus lining went down to 6.9mm, yet the Beta HCG test went up to 189(more than doubled in 48hours) and the Progesterone 198.

My doctor told me that I should be 6 weeks pregnant, which means that my HCG levels are low. I will go for another HCG test on the 8th January.

Can a pregnancy continue with a uterus lining of 6.9mm? What else can I take to thicken the lining?

Regards,

Ann

Unfortunately, this pregnancy may not succeed. This is not definite and you would have to wait to look at the progress over the next few days and it is difficult to predict what will happen. The results suggest that the pregnancy has not 'taken' but surprises sometimes happen.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/15

Hello Dr, I am 47 years old.I recently underwent ivf treatment with donor eggs fertilized with my husband's sperm, the Doctor transferred two day 5 3BB embryos. My uterine lining was 8mm. The emryos did not implant. I am thinking of undergoing a final round, but need to know what i must do differently this time around. My husband is taking fertaid with count boost & motility boost, if his numbers improve, we may go ahead with the ivf. I am also looking at how I can improve the thickness of my uterine lining. What would you recommend?