Question
Posted by: Elaine | 2007/12/05

Uterus infection after D&C

I had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago and yesterday I started having cramps and went to the dr and he told me that I have "baarmoederontsteking". Now I want to know why it happened so long after the D&C (4 weeks) and would could have caused it, could it be that my husband and I had sex just a day after the D&C? Can this infection make it difficult for me to fall pregnant again?

Having sex the day after a D&C could predispose to infection as the womb lining was scraped away, making your uterus vulnerable. If it did not spread to the tubes, the infection should not interfere with fertility.