Question
Posted by: Lee | 2004/01/13

USN HMB/Creatine and CLA/diet System

Hi Conrad
I've tried USN's HMB/Creatine stack for 6 weeks now and am quite impressed with the results even over the December period. (You did advise in November me to try it so thanks very much). I have 2 Q's: first one relating to the HMB/Creatine; I was told that one should not use it for more than 6 weeks at a time (6on/6 off) as your body makes creatine or gets it from protein and if you keep taking the artificial stuff you could have issues later??? Is this true?
second Q is relating to CLA - I bought and started last week a USN 90softgel pack and it came packaged with Diet System Plus also from USN. Are these any good; should they be taken together? I've been taking 2 CLA at breakfast and 2 at lunch and 4 diet systems before dinner. I took them before but was not impressed but you have recommended them so I thought I'd give it another go. You seem very anti Phedra cuts so I need something else. I have a spare tyre that just wont go.....

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Lee,

I'm happy you achieved the results you did on the advice I gave you. Congrats on achieving it over December-I managed to train over December but picked up a muscle tear so it was mainly swimming and the likes which frustrated me to no end!

It is not advisable to use HMB/Creatine for extended periods as you have mentioned. I have yet to find research that conclusively proves that there is a negative feedback system (when your body stops producing it's own chemicals/hormones etc. when you bring these substances in from an outside source OR when the body produces substances to counteract those substances that you may be taking) with Creatine supplementation but it is better to err on the side of conservative.

As you know I am a massive fan of CLA as much as I am not a fan of fat burners. If the supplement company (USN) combines CLA with Diet System Plus then it should be fine. As for something that works as well as fat burners do-hmmm-you may have to try a Lipo Lean (just check up ont hat name-I may be mistaken) from Nutrimax-it is a new generation fat burner that does not affect basal metabolism but rather assists in burning the individual food substances that you are ingesting.

Keep well and chat soon,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

2
Posted by: Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist | 2004/01/13

Lee,

I can understand your concern but I do not believe that you would not lose the effect. In actual fact you may lose the effect with continued usage of Creatine/HMB. This is however my opinion and not based on research that I have encountered.

Keep well,

CB

Reply to Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist
Posted by: Lee | 2004/01/13

If you stop the HMB/creatine stack would I not lose the benefit I gained over December and end up starting over in 6 weeks time?
Thanks a lot for your advice Conrad, I'll check out the Nutrimax product and let you know
cheers
Lee

Reply to Lee