Question
Posted by: MM | 2007/03/30

USN Diet Fuel

Can anyone tell me if it is safe to take the above-mentioned if u have hypertension??

Hi MM

No, no one can tell you and that is precisely the problem. Even the manufacturers can't guarantee their safety, because the way the supplement industry works is that there is a never any long term testing to establish the risks or safety of the products. So unlike with medicines, where a product is first tested in labs, then animals then in human studies and can eventually take 10 or more years to reach the shelf, supplements are just produced and sold almost right away. So no one has ever looked into this problem, and that's the reason I would suggest that you don't take it, it could very well be very dangerours. I think also that a problem with supplements is that they represent the wrong way to achieve results - rather change your diet (which will help your hypertension as well) and exercise regularly and don't worry about expensive risks in the form of supplements.