Question
Posted by: SUSHI STARVED | 2006/11/11

USN DIET

Hi. I have been on a strict USN Diet Fuel diet.. The eating plan that comes with the USN doesnt cover all aspects that i would like to be cleared up.
For instance, am i allowed to eat sushi? Am i allowed soya sauce? and also am i allowed FAT FREE milk? And LAST one am i allowed fructose instead of sugar in my cup of coffee in the morning? Beacuse the diet says im allowed to drink coke light and sprite zero... Surely these drinks are high in sugar? So why cant i have fructose instead?

Many Thanks
SUSHI STARVED

Dear Sushi Starved
I must admit that I am not acquainted with the USN Diet Fuel diet, but presume it is a high-protein diet? You may have to phone their head office (check the labels) and ask them specifically. If it is a high-protein diet then you should be able to eat sushi as it mainly consists of fish which is protein-rich. The same applies to fat-free milk. Soy sauce should make no difference to your diet. Coke lite and sprite zero do not contain sugar, but are sweetened with artificial sweeteners (check the labels). There can be no harm to using sugar or fructose in one cup of coffee a day. Just don't have too much fructose as it can cause abdominal discomfort and diarrhoea.