Question
Posted by: Linda | 2005/01/10

Using the pill to decide when or whether to have a period this month

My 20 year old daughter suffers from severe stomach cramps which have been diagnosed as a spastic colon. I am convinced that she is having the cramps because she controls her period with her pill (Jasmine) She tells me that sometimes she holds her period back for months. Maybe I am old fashioned, but surely this is not normal and could be the cause of her cramps and more often than not, her discharge ??

Skipping periods with the Pill will not cause cramps. If she does this too often, she may get breakthrough bleeding though.

1
Posted by: Kippie | 2005/01/10

Linda
I would not think that is the cause. I was on the pill before changing to the injection and I had my periods only every 3rd month by controlling it. I have spoken to my gynae about this and there is no problem of skipping periods this way. Being on the injection I have no periods (apart from the sudden bleeding on Sunday), but have no cramps because of it.

Reply to Kippie