Question
Posted by: Pieter | 2007/03/19

Using Steriods while family planning

Hi Guys

Can someone fall pregnant while her mate is using steroids (testosterone) ?

me and my wife is busy with family planning. I want to start with a new cycle of steroids (testosterone) again. Will this influence my wife? Can she still fall pregnant?

HI Pieter

Why do you want to use steroids? And more to the point, unless you have some pre-existing medical condition, the use of steroids is illegal and should not be practiced. Among other things, infertility could be one side effect, but things like cardiovascular disease, liver failure and brain damage are the more serious side-effects. So really, unless you need to be on steroids for some reason that is medically viable, you should get off them as quickly as possible, it's dangerous and illegal.

4
Posted by: Ross (Fitness Doc) | 2007/03/26

Hi Pieter

I'm sorry you feel that I didn't answer your question, so let me put it bluntly. You are being reckless, and as people have said on this forum, it's a crazy idea, that's what I answered the first time around. The reason you feel I did not answer your question is because you did not hear the answer you wanted to. And that makes your question a rhetorical one anyway. So here's the answer - don't use steroids. Infertility is a side effect, and so is a criminal record, because the use of steroids is illegal. So it doesn't matter what else is said.

Ross

Reply to Ross (Fitness Doc)
Posted by: Colin | 2007/03/26

Pieter
Steroids shut you testicals down.
Test is actually being used in trials in Italy as contraception for men.
After about two weeks on a cycle your balls start shrinking and switching off.
If you stay on long enough with a high enough dosage you end up with "raisen balls " as you well know.
When you come off a cycle you have to PCT to restart your testicals and as you have already mentioned clomid I see you know about that.
So any steroids and male fertilaty do not go hand in hand.
Sorry bro.

Reply to Colin
Posted by: brozz | 2007/03/22

You have obviously not thought too much about the future of you family if you think that steroids are alright.

Reply to brozz
Posted by: Pieter | 2007/03/19

Doc..This is not answering my Question. I know a bit about steriods. The only answer that I am looking for is can my wife still fall pregnant while I am on steriods. As far as i know Testosterone is the male hormone and it will let me increase my sperm count. I only need to know if this will be "good sperm" Testosterone is not that bad for you, as long as you start with a small dosage and built it up slowly. You also need to reduce the Test intake slowly and use Clomid when comming of test. I did you test before, in small dosages. I already made up my mind with regards to the steriod usage, Please answer my question

Reply to Pieter